Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spectacular Sunsets at Sandy Pond


Looking from where the "Comfort" nightclub used to be...








Looks like a view from Seber shore.




View of the Lake from in front of where the old Sandy Island Beach concession stand used to be.





this photo by Jack McCain, 2005



Sandy Pond has spectacular sunsets. Situated on the eastern shore of the Lake, the vibrant sunsets are attributed to the low average humidity of the climate, which enhances the clarity of the air. I think...

Every time I visit I am taken aback by the vivid blueness of the sky. It's rarely that blue here on the Chesapeake Bay, where the humidity usually very high and unbearable. When it is blue we call it a "Sandy Pond Day", especially if there are cumulus clouds and cloud-shadows...

Also, I like watching Northern Lights and the Milky Way at Sandy Pond. Best viewing is mid-February when it is zero degrees and zero humidity out in the middle of the Pond laying on the ice. We had a 250x Stellar telescope for those nights. Spectacular show courtesy the Almighty Himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you - your comments will make my day!