Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Heartfelt Condolences to the Maas Family

My heart was suddenly saddened this morning to hear that Mr. Maas had passed away. Dick Maas was one of the best friends and neighbors anyone could ever ask for. He taught me how to paint a vehicle the "old-school" way when I was an ignorant youth and even let me paint our '55 Volkswagen microbus in his heated garage one spring. He was always there to help if you were in a bind. I will miss him.
Jo, Brenda, Jerry, Pam and Dan - my prayers are with you this week. I hope to visit this July. Take care and may God hold you in His hands and comfort you...
Here is a piece that I have pinned next to my parent's photos in my office:
"Do not stand on my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the countless glints in the snow.
I am the sunlight on the ripened grain, I am a gentle Autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush.
I am the birds in circled flight, I am the bright stars shining at night.
So do not stand on my grave and cry,
I am with God... I did not die."
(Mary Frye 1932)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you - your comments will make my day!