Monday, June 1, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Bond



[Photos shown are pages from the 1968 and 1969 SCCS Yearbooks.]


From: Nancy Bond
Subject: SANDY POND MEMORIES
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 16:36:34 -0400
Steve:
I graduated from SCCS in 1955 and both of my parents taught there - Richard and Muriel Bond. I have very fond memories of our vacation times at Greene Point.
During the summers of the late 40s and 50s 8 of us ( my family of 4 and my mother's sister's family of 4 the Craines ) would rent one of the Greene Point cottages for a week, sometimes two. All of us, I remember stayed in one of the original large cottages and we also stayed in two of the smaller cottages. There were bunk beds on the screened porch and there we learned to play the card game "Authors" - sometimes singing our question to the other players of what we needed to complete our meld. It was a great way to pass a rainy day . My father Dick Bond loved to fish and took many a pike out of the pond -- and always said if we wanted to fish with him "we had to put the worm on the hook ourselves.".
One of our favorite pastimes was walking to the Greene Point headquarters ( the old original cottage where the Greene - Sawyer family lived in the summer ) and purchasing some ice cream or candy in their family store.
I am not good with changes, so was disappointed to see that mobile homes have now replaced the wonderful old buildings at the Point. Our memories will never change and be forever treasured.

Nancy K. Bond (daughter of Richard and Muriel ).

RE: SANDY POND MEMORIES‏
From: Stephen Kappesser (skappesser@hotmail.com)
Sent: Mon 6/01/09 2:47 PM
To: Nancy Bond
Hi Nancy - I was in 2 or 3 of your Mom's art classes and 1 of your Dad's study halls - I remember them well. Your Mom was especially good at what she did - I learned a lot from her. Thanks for your memories - I will post them on the BLOG now.

Steve

Stephen Kappesser

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven... Ecclesiates 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you - your comments will make my day!